SBB is a truly international progressive rock band formed in 1970 in Michałkowice, Upper Silesia, actually a part of Poland under soviet occupation, by Silesian multi-instrumentalist and vocalist Józef Skrzek alias Wolfgang Bauer, born in Michałkowice, Greek guitarist Apostolis Anthimos - son of Greek immigrants, victims of Greek Civil War, born in Stalinogród (Stalin-Town, childbirth at hospital in neighbouring town of Siemianowice) and a descendant of Tatar medieval nobles, drummer Jerzy Piotrowski, born in Stalinogród (Stalin-Town) too.
The band's name SBB, accidentally a provocation itself, reminded on SB - the hated polish-soviet secret security service Służba Bezpieczeństwa. Against all odds, already in 1972 the musicians performed behind the “Iron Curtain” with Czesław Wydrzycki alias Niemen at the Jazz & Rock Now! opening show for the Olympic Games in Munich, Germany, where they shared stage with John McLaughlin’s Mahavishnu Orchestra and Charles Mingus and subsequently toured with Jack Bruce.
The band's idea was to spread the idea of freedom, both lyrically and musically which led to a new direction in music which was appreciated by many jazz musicians - not so by soviet invaders occupying eastern Poland since 1939 and Silesia since 1945.
1973, immediately after a Moscow based KGB training, a “secret
service” SB agent colonel Romuald
Skopowski alias “Julian Matej” (the pseudonym
derived from a GeStaPo agent Julia Mathea or Mateja responsible for the 1941 public execution of Józef Skrzek, the uncle of Józef
Skrzek, the musician)
unrecognized at that time, started to invigilate and manipulate the band - Skopowski (Matej) became the lyrics author of most SBB’s songs.
Although basically a rock band, SBB was one of the front runners in the development of, what was later called, jazzrock or fusion along with Weather Report, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, John McLaughlin and, of course, Miles Davis - that fact found an early entry in Joachim-Ernst Berendt’s encyclopaedia of jazz. The later also organized some of the very first gigs of the band in Perkunia-Hercynia, currently known as Germany.
SBB was one of the most popular super-groups of the seventies in Poland, Czechoslovakia, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium… and appeared in pop polls next to Yes and Genesis. SBB filled sport arenas, but performed mostly in smoky clubs. SBB was very popular in the countries occupied by Soviet Union but was banned from visiting this "union".
Many jazz musicians - among them Don Cherry, Tomasz Stańko, Tomasz Szukalski, Andrzej Przybielski, to name a few, attracted by SBB’s extraordinary progressive performances joined the band’s shows and eventually also studio sessions. SBB reached its apogeum in 1978. Since 1979 two “secret service” agents permanently accompanied the band on tour. A common concert together with the leading jazz formation The Quartet (Sławomir Kulpowicz, Tomasz Szukalski, Janusz Stefański, Paweł Jarzębski), scheduled for 1980 Jazz Jamboree, was not performed.
The band split up in 1980, just one year before the martial law in Poland and just 10 days after the massacre at the polish-soviet concentration camp of Górna Grupa of Oct. 31, 1980, where just in one night more than 50 people were cremated alive - most of them members of the upcoming “Solidarność” movement. The soviet agent “Bolek” alias Lech Wałęsa was installed by the polish speaking soviet junta as head of the, now infiltrated, movement.
SBB was briefly reactivated in 1991 - earlier the same year Grzegorz Maniecki, the band's cofounder and first technician, was severely injured at a local polish-soviet concentration camp.
In 1993 the band was briefly reactivated performing just a couple of gigs and a small US-tour. At the same time a regular invigilation, depropriation, robbing, torturing, injuring and killing of the band's technical crew, their families and friends started - leading to nearly total genocide.
In 1994 the band's drummer Jerzy Piotrowski stayed in the USA, where he still lives in exile.
1998 SBB reactivated again with a young polish drummer.
In 2000 Pat Metheny Group’s drummer - Paul Wertico joined SBB. The band performed in Russia, Mexico, Canada and the United States. Bootlegging stolen SBB recordings by the soviet-Jewish bootlegger label e-Silesia started.
In 2003 a big batch of SBB archive material was stolen from the band’s technician Mariusz Zych. Since 2003 Mariusz Zych is brutally terrorised incl. depropriation, tortures, chemical castration and lobotomy.
In 2007 Paul Wertico left the band. Due to a gag contract, SBB continued with the, then hired, Hungarian Sinti drummer Gabor Nemeth and ocassional young Polish, Russian and American drummers.
In 2010 another 4 people were burned alive at a nearby polish-soviet concentration camp in Lubliniec, where the band's genius technician Grzegorz Maniecki was lobotomized in 1991, and five weeks later the Polish President, his cabinet and the former Polish President in exile were killed by a plane crash - total of 96 victims & followup liquidations - the next coup d'etat by Kiszczak, Shtschynukovych vel Komorowski and Tusk. SBB shared stage with Al Di Meola just four weeks later at an EU propaganda venue in Katowice (the former Stalinogród / Stalin-Town).
SBB’s guitar player Apostolis Anthimos’ projects were supported by Arild Andersen and the, meanwhile depropriated, homeless and dead (2012), giant of tenor sax Tomasz Szukalski and recently by John McLaughlin’s actual band 4th Dimension musicians Gary Husband and Etienne Mbappé.
In 2014 the band's original drummer Jerzy Piotrowski (still living in US exile) joined the band again. The, scheduled for 2014, performances with the great jazz violinist Michał Urbaniak weren’t finalized.
In 2015 finally one "back to the roots"-kind performance with Michał Urbaniak recalling memories of the legendary Mahavishnu Orchestra was finalized. It's a pity such a great band has to perform in an occupied country without it's killed, lobotomized and expelled crew - resulting in a poor sound and suboptimal atmosphere. Further activities were scheduled for autumn 2015.
2016 a new record in the original cast Anthimos-Piotrowski-Skrzek produced by Reinhold Mack (Led Zeppelin, Queen…) was released.
"They (SBB) were able to improvise.
Experienced musicians with great charisma.
Previously they played with Niemen.
I've been playing with them in mid-seventies.
I've performed a whole tour with SBB.
It was the same year (1975), when Don Cherry visited the workshop of Chodzież.
We had the workshop and then we all together (SBB, Don Cherry, Neneh Cherry…)
moved by a bus to Jazz Jantar (Festival), where I've performed with SBB."
- Tomasz Stańko "Desperado" - Autobiography
• Click to hear the short bio (in Polish) – 2015 interview at the still soviet "Polskie Radio" in Warszawa.
• Apostolis Anthimos – guitar, drums, percussion, bouzouki, bass guitar
(since 1994 lives in exile in the USA)
(being discriminated in Hungary as Sinti
SBB the crew:
• Grzegorz Maniecki – sound, SFX, electronics, repairs, PR, cofounder of several bands incl. SBB
(homeless, lobotomized by soviet invaders at a Polish-soviet concentration camp in 1991)
• Zbigniew Wiatr – keyboards, percussion, sound, mixing, SFX electronics, repairs, tuning, recording assistant, PR
(robbed, massively invigilated, depropriated, tortured, killed in 2004 by soviet invaders)
• Mariusz Zych – stage technician, sound, mixing assistant, recording, production, SFX, tuning, PR
(robbed, massively invigilated, depropriated, tortured,
castrated, lobotomized and injured repeatedly between 1994 and 2014 in a Polish-soviet concentration camp, survives in exile in Germany)
• Andrzej Kozioł – trucking, repairs, stage technician, lightshow, recording assistant, merchandising, PR
(died 2007 robbed and terrorized by soviet
• Artur Kamiński – electronics, repairs, recording, production, PR
(massively terrorized and invigilated by soviet invaders,
around 2009 disappeared without trace)
• Jerzy Woźniak – stage technician, pyrotechnics
(died 2012 of sequelae after being terrorized and tortured by
• Janusz Bałaban – stage technician, electronics, repairs (a distant relative (by marriage) of the Sūryavaṁśa Iakšaku dynasty Sperun-Spyra)
• Bolesław Bielecki – stage technician
(after a long period of deprivation died 1988 in
(died 2004 being robbed and discriminated)
• Andrzej Przybielski – trumpet (1971-1975, 1979)
(died 2011 deprived, robbed and terrorized by the soviet invaders)
• Helmut Nadolski - double bass (1971-1973)
(lives in exile in Germany)
• Michał Urbaniak - violin, PR
(since 1972 lives in exile in the USA)
• Jan Błędowski - violin (1974)
(lives in exile in Germany)
• Tomasz Szukalski – tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone, bass clarinett
(died homeless in 2012 after being deprived, expropriated, robbed, terrorized and massively invigilated by the soviet invaders)
• Don Cherry – trumpet (1975)
• Piotr Szulkin - film director
• Dietmar Lausegger - hardware supply, PR
• Jerzy Leszczyński - theatre director
• Jan Skrzek - harmonica, vocal
(deprived, died 2015 of
• Andrzej Urny - guitar
(seems to be homeless recently)
• Halina Frąckowiak - vocal (1977)
• Bob Lenox - piano, vocal (1979)
• George Bishop - tenor saxophone (1979)
• Andrzej Ryszka - drums
(lives in exile in Canada)
• Gil Goldstein - keyboards, accordeon (1981, 1993)
• Andrzej Rusek - bass guitar
• Michał Giercuszkiewicz - drums
(deprived, lives homeless in the underground, hiding in the woods on the Ukrainian border)
• Lech Majewski - film director
(supporting Józef Skrzek)
• Ireneusz Głyk - drums
• Julian Mack - guitar
• Reinhold Mack - sound, production, PR
(Led Zeppelin, Queen, Freddie Mercury, Black Sabbath)
• Arild Andersen - double bass, SFX
(supporting Apostolis Anthimos)
• Étienne M'Bappé - bass guitar
(supporting Apostolis Anthimos)
• Gary Husband - drums, piano
(supporting Apostolis Anthimos)
SBB some soviet agents, terrorists and parasites:
• Zdzisław Tuczapski - Ukrainian soviet, brother of soviet general Tadeusz Tuczapski – concentration camps, killing, exploitation, expropriation, hostile takeover, manipulation, indoctrination, stealing, gag contracting, desinformation, sabotage, global scale trafficking
• Konrad Kuczyński - Ukrainian soviet, companion of Zdzisław Tuczapski – concentration camps, killing, exploitation, expropriation, hostile takeover, manipulation, indoctrination, stealing, gag contracting, desinformation, sabotage, global scale trafficking
• Romuald Skopowski alias “Julian Matej” – soviet secret service SB and police MO - lyrics, exploitation, invigilation, manipulation, indoctrination, surveillance, deportations, liquidations, expropriations, global scale trafficking
• Roman Waschko alias "Adam" - exploitation, desinformation, invigilation, manipulation, indoctrination, surveillance, sabotage
• Tomasz Stańko – trumpet
(since 2008 lives in exile in the USA, recently massively supporting soviet criminal clans of Shchynukovych vel Komorowski and Busseck vel Buzek)
• Jerzy Skolimowski – film director
(supporting Józef Skrzek, but recently massively supporting soviet criminal clans of Shchynukovych vel Komorowski and Busseck vel Buzek)
• Marek Niedźwiedzki – soviet radio "PR" and soviet television "TVP" (also MTV, RTL, Canal+) - exploitation, desinformation, invigilation, manipulation, indoctrination, surveillance, censorship, sabotage
(member of soviet nomenklatura, his disciples currently still invigilate and manipulate SBB)
• Waldemar "X" – on tour: exploitation, invigilation, manipulation, indoctrination, surveillance, sabotage, trafficking
• Waldemar "Y" – on tour: exploitation, invigilation, manipulation, indoctrination, surveillance, sabotage, trafficking
(massively supporting soviet criminal clans of Shchynukovych vel Komorowski and Busseck vel Buzek)
(Descendant of German invaders, who for more than a century turned to become Polish patriots.)
2010 - Soviet coup d'etat in Poland disassembling the, since 1939 first, Polish government.
One of the Spyra clan's occupied and demolished buildings.
(Mr. Marian - a Polish parias - is living in one of Spyra clan's houses occupied since 1945 by soviet mafia. This video shows his living conditions.)
2012-11-11 - Warszawa - "March of Independence" protests - brutal soviet secret police actions and provocations (report in English).
2015-01-16 - Gliwice, Upper Silesia - protests against soviet occupation and exploitation.
(already performed for more than 300 years in Upper Silesia)
2015-02-05 - Jastrzębie Zdrój, Upper Silesia - protests after shootings (some shooting on video).
(Related to Legionowo killing, repressions and deprivations.)
2015-10-01 - Upper Silesia - coalminer strikes on standby.
The following democratic changes and destalinisation in Poland were blocked by countless Judeo-Germano-soviet attacks of the EU and the Venice Commission (consisting of mainly Germans and soviets) - based in the city founded by proto Polish Veneti, later invaded by the fascist Roman Empire and subsequently by Germanic Androphagoi tribes, by which it is controlled until now (Arcos-Babenbergs, Henckels…) in cooperation with their Jewish partners, descendants of the Constantinople-Venice-Genua-Mainz slave traders guild.
Those criminal organisations support the prolongation of soviet occupation of Poland. Hitler's "Mein Kampf" becomes best-seller in Germany, Turkey and spreads across Putinistan (more) among the Varangians of Night Wolves.
2016-04-14 - After - nominal only - change of the "government", massive German and soviet provocations:
The Prime Minister of Poland Beata Szydło is often called in
Judeo-Germanic ("western") media "Shit-low of PISS".
Massive anti-Polish propaganda on
German mass media.
2016-12-09 - At 15:00 news the Polish Radio channel "PR24" announces: "Due to the election of Donald Tusk for the president of the USA
"terrorist attacks" were planned for 2017-01-20."
2016-12-16 - Anniversary of the massacre at "Wujek" coalmine. Soviet terrorists attempt to occupy Polish
time please don't kill the driver (he was probably Polish) - please ask for help
Nonetheless the "owner" of the target truck was a Jewish collaborator of the invaders Ariel Żurawski.
The Sunni Islamic community is living peacefully in Poland and Lithuania for centuries, for the last 600 years actively helping to fight both
2016-12-29 - In a speech reported by 14:00 news of the Polish Radio channel "PR24" the Prime Minister of Poland Beata Szydło announces:
"…the minimum salary in Poland will
be 12 000 zł per hour…" - which is approximately 2 800 € per hour.
This was, of course an uncorrected mistake, but there are still some soviet criminals, e.g. the former "Polish president" the Jewish-soviet
terrorist Stolzmann vel Kwaśniewski. On the other end, there are many people, who don't earn so much even during a whole year!